Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Lime Kiln Trail, Granite Falls, WA



I had the urge to start the New Year with a hike, so Sara, Bella, and I hiked the same Lime Kiln Trail that Bella and I had enjoyed several weeks ago. The forecast was for increasing rain and wind in the afternoon, so it was a bit ominous at the start of the hike when the winds picked up and blew down a few branches around us. However, the weather actually improved through the hike and we even saw blue sky! Again we found solitude on this trail, seeing only a trail runner at the tail end of our hike. I've found more solitude on this trail than any other I've been on in Washington! The trail was in excellent condition despite the copious rain we've received, which has raised the water levels of the Stilly a few feet.


Distance: About 7 miles roundtrip, but goes fast
Vertical Gain: About 400', most within the first 2 miles.
Weather: Overcast, 40s.
Dog Rating: I tried to pull Sara down on the slippery log bridge! What fun!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?